Tuesday, August 17, 2010

To each his own



I’ve been pretty busy lately. You see, I revived my hobby and plan to make a profit out of it. I have a number of things in mind that scream to be put in paper, but, this old hobby kinda slumps me at work. I’m not complaining, though. But, sometimes my creative mind won’t reel to its direction and I space out. I end up watching reruns of Charmed, Charmed again, and Monk at 9 am, 10 am, and 2pm respectively. My hubby says that maybe I’m bored. Could it be that since I’ve been jobless for a while I’m looking for other stuff to keep me busy?

We’ve constantly had discussions on this. Fortunately, I always score. I’m the only person capable of saying that I’m bored-to-death indeed. Haven’t we all learned to tap into our senses to confirm our feelings? And I stand up to him and say NO, I’m never bored. I only get bored when people talk nonsense or when there’s zero thing to do. I don’t. I’ve plenty of books on my shelf waiting to be read. I write. I do my regular mani and pedi in front of the TV while engaged in interesting movies. I check the net for inspiration for my handmade accessories. And, yeah, my beads are there to keep me busy. So, I have many diversions. Unlike this person I know who complains about boredom all the time. I wanted to tell her to quit ranting. She has a kid to make her preoccupied. When the kid’s at school, read a book for two hours then pick him up after school. By then, she may have acquired a number of new terms she didn’t know until she forced her way into reading. Oh, I forgot, she doesn’t read and she also doesn’t have a hobby. Poor girl!

I’m just lucky that despite my absence from the dog-eat-dog world, I’m able to see the light in things. My resignation from my last job was months in the making. I had to resign from a sadistic boss. And now I am in peace and at peace and boredom is the least of my problem. I guess, it’s also who I am since I’m more an introvert and enjoy my time alone. Don’t get me wrong, I still go out. I’m no hermit or monk or whatever else you can call me. I just enjoy being with myself… that is all.

To each his own.