Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Define ME


I am a product of both artists. My father a musician and my mother a culinary expert, yes, to her that is artistry.

I grew up thinking that I would be like my folks. For which I got a lil of both and some of their idiosyncrasies as well. There were times I found myself strumming my father’s guitar and in between fidgeting through my mama’s sliced tomatoes, onions, and the likes.

As I write this, I guess this should’ve been my introduction whenever people ask me to introduce myself, a common request from teachers/professors in high school/college every start of the school year/semester. This should’ve been easier to say than racking my brains with flowery adjectives and highfalutin words to impress my audience. And maybe I should’ve worn a disclaimer on my neck saying: What you see is not what you always get. Then let them guess endlessly for all I care.


So, I’m an artist or a wannabe. A linguist or because I want to believe I am. I am a kitchen master or because my husband thinks so. I am overweight but people think I am not. I should've been a Rockstar and an Iron Chef. Oh, and I am gullible too.