Friday, August 6, 2010

To a dear friend

My dear friend,

I've known you for a short period of time; I wish it wasn't the case. But, for what little time we spent, you've been generous enough to open your heart regardless of what my post-judgment of you may turn out. The whats, ifs, and buts during our short conversations revealed the complexities of your thoughts, the strength in your character, and the compassionate heart you have. I also wish we had more of that.

Unbeknownst to you, I would always ask hubby how you are---more about your state of mind and how you are holding up in the romance department. Do you remember that our last exchanges were about finding Mr. Right whom you said was still stuck in traffic? You see, mine was too, then made a U-turn, and forgot to come back. Glad he didn't or else I wouldn't be married to my Greatest Love. Yours will come too. And when he does, don't fight it. Don't go looking for Mr. Right, or Mr. Perfect, or Mr. Ideal. Instead, wait for your one greatest love. 

There could be many Mr. Rights depending on your maturity, change of times, or even changes in the weather (you'll know what I mean), but your greatest love will come only once. Hence, listen carefully to your heart. 

Remain strong, steadfast, and smart as you embark on a new journey to a better you. You mulled over your decision long enough to know that (hopefully) you made the right choice. And who's best to say that you'll be happy other than you, right? So, if along the way you find yourself dissatisfied, unhappy, or even unappreciated by others, go back to first base and think again why you were there in the first place. The wise says we are accountable for our own happiness and vice versa. 

Here's wishing you the best in life and the best of everything that is to come. I really pray that you fall in love again, but wiser and empowered. Love yourself first, that's the golden rule. 

God bless on your mission.

See you around.

XOXO