Thursday, April 14, 2011

Online Selling

I have been torpid for days… well, my body that is. I’ve been contemplating if I should jump into the bandwagon of online selling, hence, my failure to keep up my promise to this blog.

Lately I’m being lured into this industry because of how a lot of sellers profit from this. But, the best thing about this is that you are your own boss. I already have an idea on what to sell. I just need to do a little more feasibility study on this one. I know it’ll be hard at first. But, hey, that’s the principle behind every successful business, right? You must be willing to take risks and chances. For a budding entrepreneur it’ll probably cost me a lot. I’m not only speaking of the capital that I’ll be investing but as well as the headaches that will surely come with this. I’ve read horror stories about bogus buyers and joy reservers (jargons being used in online selling) and it somehow freak me out. Although, in hindsight, what they truly lose is their charm and patience when faced with these inconsiderate negotiators. Yep, negotiators since I think that there is truly no intention of purchasing the items, otherwise they would’ve lived up to their promise or if they changed their mind they should at least be mindful of the sellers’ feelings. All they did was waste the time and the energy of the seller/s who has been patiently dealing with them and awaiting for any payment that they expect should be made when due date comes.

Now, the probability of me diving into this is high, unless, I succumb to second thoughts. Questions running inside my head are:
1: Will I be able to fully commit myself once the demand increases?
2: How do I deal with complaints if the item/s is lost in transit (given that items are to be shipped)?
3: How will I answer to any last minute cancellations?
4: Can I do leg work according to the customers’ terms considering that I have no sense of direction?
5: Do weekends count as business days?
and toughest I guess is: 6: Am I really ready for this?

My husband who remains the pillar in my decision-making gives me the go signal. I’ve never really felt him discourage me once. He has sat through to each of my light bulb moment and has been decent enough to rationally interrogate me of my future project.  And that’s what scares me now. What if it goes downhill? Will my ego be able to accept defeat?

Well, it kinda makes me sick now just thinking about it. Normally, it takes a while for me to recover. Normally, I sulk in self-pity. Normally, I withdraw. Things might get rough and this venture may fail, but I know I still have my husband to see me through because normally, I would never hear him say ‘I told you so.’

Oh well, let’s just see how things pan out in the days to come. Hopefully, when I have mustered enough courage to grapple with these impediments I might be all over the online market soon. *wink*

photo grabbed here